December 4, 2008

Follow your instinct..


So as some of you may no I'm the face for this new energy drink called Atomic Dogg.. It's actually pretty good and does the job pretty well.. Well, I personally don't love the ad but apparently Goya did and alot of people out in Puerto Rico too, so I was invited to come out there and do my thing.. Meet people, sign some posters, get a mini vacation, and relax.. So I'm all excited about it, but something wasn't sitting right with me and I couldn't put my finger on it..

Well I flew out last night on a red eye to go to Puerto Rico and arrived there this morning.. Fyi, it was the worst flight and lay over ever, lol.. So, I'm suppose to be greeted with a car service and my supposid friend that was taking me around Puerto Rico, being that I've never been there and don't have any friends there, and I don't speak an ounce of Spanish.. Well, they never showed and I'm calling to find out what's going on and their like oh you have to wait at the airport till I'm done, so I'm like I'll catch a cab to the hotel.. Then they tell me I can't do that eithier cuz it's not in my name and I need them there to check me in.. 3 hours later I'm still at the airport and decide to catch a flight right back to LA.. So now it's costing me $500 out of my pocket to change my flight so at this point, I don't even care so I'm like charge it.. Of course it gets declined due to Xmas shopping for my kids, so I'm just beside myself.. I keep calling y friend and their not picking up so I start calling my friends back home and 1 of them saved me and got me a ticket back to LA.. Thank God for them.. I knew God wasn't about to have me stuck out there..

So my layover was in Miami and was suppose to leave 2 hrs ago and I'm still here writing on my blog, lol.. But it's cool because I no Miami and I'm not worried.. So then my friend has the nerve to call me (12 hours layer) while I'm waiting here in Miami and ask me where are you and I'm like Miami and their like what? I can't believe you just left like that.. Umm, am I missing something here? Probably the fact that a real friend would never do that..

These are the little things us models have to deal with in this industry which sucks.. We go thru it alot, it's not as glamorous as it looks.. It can be a headache and a pain, but with God and a supportive family, you'll be ok.. And this is why you should always stick to your gut feeling..

So I was in and out of Puerto Rico without even stepping out of the airport... The airport guy was like you don't like our country that much you won't even go outside and experience it.. Lol, I felt bad, but I'm like I need to get home to my kiddies and my hubby where I know I'm always safe.. But I did buy a shot glass, lol.. I collect them around the world wherever I go visit..

Xoxo,
Shelly Rio

1 comment: