December 9, 2008

OPRAH: "How did I let this happen again?"


Oprah speaks in her latest O Magazine and on Oprah.com about feeling ashamed of her weight gain and once again in her life, weighing over 200 lbs. She is dealing with a thyroid condition and with everything being enhanced with her long and dreaded work schedule, she is reasonably having difficulty controlling her weight. From her website she writes:
I think I hit bottom when I wanted to stay home even from a show as fun as the one we did with Tina Turner and Cher in Las Vegas. I was supposed to stand between them onstage, and I felt like a fat cow. I wanted to disappear. "God help me now," I thought. "How can I hide myself?" Later, as I was interviewing both of them about their ages (at the time, Tina was 68 and loved being older; Cher was 61 and didn't), I asked myself, "Who's the real older woman here? I am." They both had more energy than I did. They didn't just sparkle; they glittered.
She also speaks in the article about her weight issue not being directly related to not working out harder or eating less; but more about not living a balanced life, with too much work and not enough play, and not enough time to relax and calm down.




1 comment: